Monday, October 02, 2006

Quotes..

In the recent past , Quotations are something i have been really fascintaed by.. so here are some that i try and abide by . I'd like to begin with the one that says -
"Its the small things in Life that matter the Most"
-Anonymous
This came up first because of two reasons , one is the fact that this is the one aspect of life that most people miss out on , they forget to care about the small things , and yes they at times , if not all , matter the most. Second reason being that the whole concept of Quotations is just that , small one or two liners, they can be life changing..
Next up is one that talks about what many of us try and achieve , winning over everybody , not is it just Impractical , but Impossible at the same time.
"I don't know the key to success , but the key to failure is to try and please everybody"
-Bill Cosby
The man(a very succesful one in the field of American entertainment) is being honest , he doesnt know the key , but he does well in trying to save us from failure.
All of us despise being criticised , and at times more than failure itself , i came through this in the Newspapers once -
"If you are not criticised , you may not be doing much"
-Donald H Rumsfeld
Makes perfect sense.. So lets keep doing things :) ..

7 comments:

Kashan said...

A quote by a great man:
"I have travelled so far, only to come back...home."

-M.K.Gandhi

Aashi said...

lolzzzzz.....nice way 2 wrap it off prateek.. :P lol..

but really gr8 job dun there buddy..each quote pickd up well...

frm the first abt the small things mattr more...which is soo true..if i may say an ant cud b quite a bigger pest than a dog.. :P at least the dogs visible..hmm dunno if tht was exactly 2 the point..yeh i knw it wasnt but its a diffrnt angle 2 the thing ryt ;)

(trust me to find an excuse lyk tht)

newyz...as 4 the next two quotes.....they say a fren for all is a fren for none...n pleasing everyone ud definatly loose big tym..on bth aspects..true frenz n mental peace......pleasing everyone wud b the fastest route 2 depression...

as 4 the next...well yet again a true qote..

man prateek..i am soo sorry my first commnt n i already showd u my nuttiness but then thts how i commnt..

gr8 job hopefully ud b doin a lotta posting henceforth..

heres a toast 4 ur journey buddy!!!


CHEERZ!!!! :D

tunia said...

Its so difficult to learn out of people's experiences. Is it not?
It would be rcommendable if one learnt something out of any of these! Without having dirtied their own hands!

ps:change your comments settings. you'll get more feedback. make it for all.

tunia said...

Why so many blogs?? How you will manage, beats me!

Anonymous said...

Not exactly a quote, but I like the ambitious spirit of the Nike tagline during the '96 Atlanta Olympics... it was also quoted by Carl Lewis...

"You don't win Silver, you lose Gold"

Roshmi Sinha said...

Great quotes! Though I must admit... I am no fan of Donald Rumsfeld.

I like several of them:

1. "Veni, Vidi, Vici." ("I came, I saw, I conquered.") - Julius Caesar.

2. "Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

3. "By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

4. "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

5. "Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, That we may record our emptiness." - Kahlil Gibran.

And my all time favourite: "Karmanyeva adhikaraste ma phaleshu kadachana Ma karmaphalahetur bhurma te sangostvakarmani."


P.S. You have received an award. Check out my latest post... to know more about it.

Roshmi Sinha said...

Great quotes! Though I must admit... I am no fan of Donald Rumsfeld.

I like several of them:

1. "Veni, Vidi, Vici." ("I came, I saw, I conquered.") - Julius Caesar.

2. "Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

3. "By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

4. "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." - 'Kabiguru' Rabindranath Tagore.

5. "Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky, We fell them down and turn them into paper, That we may record our emptiness." - Kahlil Gibran.

And my all time favourite: "Karmanyeva adhikaraste ma phaleshu kadachana Ma karmaphalahetur bhurma te sangostvakarmani."


P.S. You have received an award. Check out my latest post... to know more about it.